Question: Can you describe about your VMware Infrastructure that you are supporting? What are the daily operations?
Hint: Interviewer wants to know weather you have live experience or not. Based on your answer he will conclude couple of items.
I am part of VMware team (5 to 10 members) and working as L1/L2/L3/SME level supporting Global Customer Account. Tell him/her customer details are confidential and can’t be disclosed.
We have 3 vCenter servers configured for two Data Center locations of the Customer. Two of them are production and other one is for Dev/Test purpose. Production vCenter servers having multiple (say 5) clusters and each of them has 10+ ESXi servers.
We are supporting around 150+ ESXi servers which are running 1500+ Virtual Machines
We have 5.x versions of ESXi in the Infrastructure but for one cluster they are running at same version. vCenter servers are configured at 5.5 U2 version.
1) VMware Health Check Report – Running the script and sending the reports to Management
Check my other post
2) Checking vCenter server console for alarms and alerts
3) Scheduling changes required for VMware tasks
4) Attend meetings with Architects
5) Working on VMware related incidents like backup failure, VM not pinging, ESXi host down,vCenter service failure …. etc