You can find the first release of VCIX 6 exams here “Get Ready for VCAP 6 Exams”. VMware released their final post to give the information that we need to start getting ready to take VCIX 6.x exams. VMware also designed course “VMware vSphere: Design and Deploy Fast Track [V6]” to help the candidates to understand the exam topics. This extended-hours training course equips you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to design and deploy a VMware vSphere 6.0 virtual infrastructure.
This course discusses the benefits and risks of available design alternatives and provides information to support making sound design decisions.In this course, you practice your design skills by working with peers on a design project. You also deploy components of a completed vSphere design.This course is based on VMware ESXi 6.0 and VMware vCenter Server 6.0
Below are links to downloadable Exam Guides for each of the upcoming VCAP6 exams. Please realize that these are advanced copies of the Exam Guides (Drafts), but Jon H. and this team worked very hard to get these into a near-final state. The absoute final versions, along with new web pages will be posted on our website in early January, so please make sure to check back the VMware Certification website for the final versions.
- VCAP6-DCV Design – exam guide
- VCAP6-DCV Deployment – exam guide
- VCAP6-DTM Design – exam guide
- VCAP6-DTM Deployment – exam guide
- VCAP6-CMA Design – exam guide
- VCAP6-CMA Deployment – exam guide
- VCAP6-NV Deployment – exam guide
In addition to the Exam Guides VMware offers training courses that will help you prepare for the exams. Both Design and Deployment functions/roles are covered in these courses so there is one course aligned to each Certification Solution track. You should definitely consider taking one of these courses as a part of your preparation.
- CMA – VMware Cloud Automation: Design and Deploy Fast Track [V6.0]
- DCV – VMware vSphere: Design and Deploy Fast Track [V6]
- DTM – Horizon: Design and Deploy [V6]
- NV – VMware NSX: Design and Deploy [V6.1]
Now just a few tips and strategy on preparing for the exam:
- Review the Objectives in the Exam Guide and conduct a Gap Analysis on your own skills. For each objective give yourself a grade from 1-5, depending upon your skills, knowledge and/or level of comfort with each topic.
- Based upon the Gap Analysis, build a personalized study plan that will help you close the gaps (focusing more effort on the largest gaps). At a minimum this should include study, training and plenty of hands-on practice.
- Set a reasonable timeline and set a deadline by scheduling the exam – this will provide motivation. Don’t be unreasonable, give yourself some time.
- Execute on your study plan, with your test date firmly in mind.
Source: VMware blog post